- A warm and sincere greeting and farewell – use the guest’s name if and when possible – Memberikan salam dengan hangat dan tulus saat berjumpa dan berpisah – sedapat mungkin gunakan nama tamu
- Give customers a good fair deal – great customer relationships take time – Memberikan penawaran terbaik kepada tamu – menjalin hubungan baik dengan tamu memerlukan waktu
- Anticipate and satisfy guest needs – operations should be fast and simple – Mengantisipasi dan memenuhi kebutuhan tamu – pelaksanaannya haruslah cepat dan mudah
- Try to create a work environment of teamwork and guest service so that the needs of our guest and each other are met – Menciptakan semangat kerja sama tim dalam lingkungan kerja dan pelayanan kepada tamu sehingga kebutuhan keduanya terpenuhi
- Uncompromising levels of cleanliness are the responsibility of every employee – Tingkat kebersihan yang prima adalah tanggung jawab semua karyawan
- Take pride in and care of your personal appearance – everyone is responsible for conveying a professional image – Merasa bangga terhadap dan menjaga penampilan diri sendiri – karena setiap orang harus bertanggung jawab untuk menampilkan citra yang profesional
- Think safety first – create a safe, secure and accident-free environment for all guests and each other – Mengutamakan keselamatan – ciptakan lingkungan yang aman dan tidak beresiko kecelakaan bagi tamu dan kita semua
- Conserve energy, properly maintain our hotels and protect the environment – Hemat energi, jaga dan lindungi hotel serta lingkungan kita
- Take responsibility – fix guest’s problems immediately – Berani bertanggung jawab – selesaikan masalah yang dihadapi tamu dengan cepat
- Always remember to say thank you – Selalu ingat untuk mengucapkan terima kasih
Training is the act of providing information and instruction to someone. It is the act of teaching and or developing skills, knowledge, etc. in a student. The purpose of training is to improve one’s capability, capacity, productivity and performance.
In corporate practicality, training refers to the act or training a recruit so that he or she may effectively be able to do their job. This means providing them will all the relevant information, skills, and resources to do their job.
workshops are events in which the instruction can be handed out. Workshop’s are corporate events where this knowledge, skills and information can be shared and given. Workshops can even be used to provide additional information to established employees so that they may develop new skills and incorporate new information in their jobs, which many lead to increased productivity. Workshops can last from a couple of hours to perhaps a few days. However, the workshops are actually just one part of an effective training plan.
Workshops have small audiences, or are broken up into smaller groups, because of the hands-on activities that are a part of learning in the workshop experience. Workshops may have several different activities that the attendees can choose.
A seminar has a structure that is more like a lecture or classroom style of learning. In this respect, the lecturer, speaker or instructor gives a speech or shares information with the audience, similar to how a teacher lectures a classroom full of children. Seminars tend to have much larger audiences because it simply consists of an expert sharing information with the audience on a specific topic.
A seminar format may only have the main lecture and there is no further follow-up activities or ways for the attendees to apply the knowledge they have learned during the seminar. Seminars tend to have a one-way street of communication.
Someone who transfers knowledge with specific topic through direct interaction with the participant.
Someone who transfers knowledge with specific topic through indirect interaction with the participant.
Someone who transfers knowledge with general topic through direct interaction with the participant.
Someone who transfers knowledge with general topic through indirect interaction with the participant.
Someone who has the skills to moderate and run sessions, exercises, discussions and work groups where knowledge is shared by and extracted from the participants themselves.
Key members of each department will be selected by the Executive Committee/ Heads of Department to be trained to become Departmental Trainers, with responsibility for conducting all departmental on-job-training and assisting in Group Training. Departmental Trainers must have sound technical skills, the respect and trust of their employees and colleagues, and the ability to motivate their employees. They must also be fully conversant with all operational policies and procedures, standards, and training strategies.
The Departmental Trainers have a vital role to play in success of the hotel’s training plan by planning, coordinating and monitoring the training activities in their department.
The principle responsibilities of the Departmental Trainers are as follows :
- To assist in the identification of their department’s training needs.
- To plan the training activities to satisfy these training needs.
- To spend at least two hours per week preparing and conducting training.
- To carry out their department’s orientation training for new employees.
- To meet with their Heads of Department every month to :
– Discuss training progress in that month.
– Outline and plan future training activities for the following month(s).
- To monitor the standards within their department, and give corrective training to the employees if the standard fall below the agreed level.
- To request assistance, support or feedback from the Head Of Department or Training Department whenever needed.
Each department is to have Departmental Training Manual consisting of the following information:
- Objective of the Departmental Training Manual
- Core Values
- Management & Leadership Values
- Unique Selling Points
- History of The Alana Yogyakarta Hotel & Convention
- Organization Chart
- Job Description
- Guest Expectations
- Hotel Facilities & Services
- Personal Hygiene & Grooming
- People Development; Hotel Training Menu, Development Program, Training Plan
- Fire & Emergency Procedures
- Task List
- Task Breakdown (Session Plan)
Using the http://www.wordpress.com, each Departmental Trainer needs to create a Departmental Training blog as discussed during the workshop.
The Training Officer will facilitate the process together with the appointed Departmental Trainer from each respective department as appointed by the Key Executive.
Please discuss this project with Pak Syaiful Manan and seek his directive on this.
Reference: Guest Directory
Below are hotel assistances for our guests that have been written in the Guest Directory provided in each guest room:
Airline booking / re-confirmation
Airport & Inter-hotel Transfers
Bell Service & CheckOut
Car rental and tours
Check In and Check Out time
e-Mail & Wireless Internet Access
Express Mail / packages
Iron & board
In-house guest activities
Medical Services & Medications
Newspaper & Magazine
Reservations to other Aston hotels
Safety Deposit Box
Sales & Catering Office
Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
Qur’an & Praying Mat
To offer “15 Minutes Alana Promise” to our guests and if we fail to provide the service within the time frame, the guest will not pay such product.
We need to design operational concept to achieve the mission by anwering the following 3 questions:
Q. What changes are to be made to execute this mission?
- Give socialization about the 15 minutes excellence service to all staff
- Provide Live Chat to Fast Response (emergency, service, etc)
- Provide Wi-Fi Pop Up : Safety, Security, Emergency Phone & Map
- Make an award program entitled the best 15 minutes excellence service to motivate
- Understanding of product knowledge
- Good team work and updating information.
- Upgrades facilities
- Training cooking methode&trick
- Special lift for room service
- Refresh product knowledge regularly
- Private pantry for room service
- Additional manning staf
- Special OT for room service
- Template standard delivery service
- Job section
Q. What are success factors of this mission?
- Sense Of Belonging
- Appropriate Training
- Effective Communication
Q. What supports are needed for this mission?
- Inter-Department Support & Team Work
- Upgrade Facilities
- Soft & Skill Training